Monday, 15 September 2014

preliminary task

Skills Audit




Preliminary Task  

In my task me and my group are making approximately   minute audio work  or less on audacity I am the guest and the presenter is Sade and Olamide is the editor and together we are all helping in this four minute research. so far who have managed to record our radio show and we finally got our background music. We also got a real life track of Mo Farah winning the 5000 meters marothon.



Presenter- Sade
Publisher/Editor- Olamide lauhiun
Sound  manager- Reece Taveres
Guest/Editor- Randy Mankoto

Me and Olamide are both editors and we are editors who worked on the background music for the work and we worked on audacity and we manipulative the sound so that it we  suit our radio show. Sade was our presenter and we needed a strong female voice for our radio. Reece was responsible for providing the music for our background which me and Olamide were fixing it and putting it into place and editing the sound.

I think having Sade as a presenter really brought something extra to radio show as it really shows  having a strong  voice that  really presentable which was bold and attracts the target audience that is young adults, teenagers.


Here is a picture of us both working together on the sound and we are also working on our work all together and finishing up it , looking at it and analysing it.






             


                               





Here is us working on our radio show
and us all working on the editing.



Flow chart
This is how me and my group laid out our radio show we also used we first started off with our intro and then we have our background audio which we played through out the whole of the interview. Here is what we did and the flow


Research and planning of  our interview

Before we started our interview we had to plan out the script and see what we were going to say because we needed to know what roles we were supposed to have because this was how we knew what to do and what we had to say. Here is the script we used to begin with.



We had the script but we needed to make sure that it had everything needed in a a radio such as a jingle and the some features to make our radio show neat and correct, But first we need to find the background music for the radio broadcast, instead of using different background music we decided to use only one background music throughout the whole of the show.
we used the instrumental from Pharrell's  happy which I think was a good touch to it and had a touch of warmth and feel good towards our show.








We thought of using some other instrumental for our second background music( loyal by Chris brown) but it had some inappropriate language at the background so we didn't use it as we thought it wasn't right for the show so we didn't use it in our radio show.


One thing that we needed was an real life recording of Mo Farah so we could place it in our radio show through audacity. To do this we needed to record the track on audacity. We went on BBC Iplayer and recorded a short bit of Mo Farah winning 5,000m gold medal.



I got all the sounds I needed and I did the recordings but first I had to record the sound on audacity and that was really important as I needed to have  all the sounds corrected my voice well and edited before actually putting up on to sound cloud then onto my blog. Here is what I used on audacity and what I  did there.
I moved the stream of Mo Farah by using the time shift tool and I placed it between my recording from were Sade was talking then I had to adjust the track by moving it in from of the  track which is very important as the listener can hear a lot a tiny amount of of the track from Pharrell Williams. By using the Fade in and Fade out tool which allowed the track to be more low and get high towards the end . Here is where we got the track for Mo Farah:
                                                *The BBC Website 



*The structure that we used for our news item



Here is the Final piece of our recording that we did 

No comments:

Post a Comment