Introduction
Our aim is to create a 5 miniute local radio News broadcast. This broadcast must include
- Title music
- one presenter
- two outside broadcast
- at least one interview
- at one vox populi(one box pop sequence)
First News item
The first news item that me and my group are going to talk about is the Kilburn Literary Festival which ends this week; we found this information on the on a West Hampstead digital Newspaper. The next thing that I wanted to do was find out what the people entering the event thought about the event. So I then went and conducted a script for the Flash festival that would focus on these contest.
In order to do this I had to come up with a script that was relevant towards the flash fiction festival, I practised and practised as hard as I could until I felt comfortable with this task and was ready to record. My broadcast includes a:
- A presenter
- A specialist reporter
- An Interviewee.
- Background sound
Here is what I first did in my recording
I got the background music from from Free sound. I used this because I wanted my recording to be realistic and good in my recording and it needed to work really well with the people being interviewed in the so it's as if they are actually there in the business.
I used this because I wanted to use an affect as that was in a large hall with people because I needed it to be more realistic in this recording as if there were people in the background of our recording. As it is the first festival in kiburn so it is likely that their will be a lot of book lovers that attended to this festival in kilburn.
After we recorded it we then turned the sound on audacity into an MP3 and exported it on sound cloud were we could export it into our blogs. look below if you want to see the finish piece.
+
Second News Item
For this topic we had to come up with a news item that was very important for this week and that would be one of the most important news items happening in the Westminster area that seemed very important. Since it was only one day to November 11th this year me and my group decided to talk about the poppies that is happening this year.Obviously the because every year we looked at an unique story event that we went ahead and went and reported this topic; due to the poppies being used this year in the tower of of London in order to remember those fallen soldier in the World War I that died to save our country in the war.
The members of my team include Sade Ogubuike, Reece Taveres and Olamedia Lanhium who were part of the people that helped me do this recording on this topic, Sade as the host, Olamedia was her co- hos that helped her and Reece was the news reporter. I was the person a the scene of the event looking on and talking about how it was so important and amazing.
We got the idea that we want to do a live report based on the spectacle involving the poppies around the Tower of London because we thought that it would be a good idea news item to report as it has been a hundred years since the beginning of the first World War and there are many people today that remember the war happening as a child and may have experienced the second World War. The article itself is the evening standard and is one day before the event but the poppies had already been place for Remembrance day.
The News paper shows how thousands of people came to see this spectacle of the Poppies in The Tower of London that will be the topic of the news I think will be the topic of news for the majority of the week. This was really helpful because it helped us create a script based on this based on this event that sort of made it stand out as it was so important.
Here is the script that we used for our news report based on the poppies at the Tower of London:
put the script
The script was done by everyone on the team that all contributed to make all the lines we needed for the News broadcast.
Here is an example of the editing that we did on our audacity I used the time shift tool which meant that I was able to move the different sounds of Sade at the right position going into the next interviewer or reporter.
Just to let you know that the recording at the bottom is a draft which has lots of background noise which really makes it unclear to just focus on our voices without background interference.
Third News item
This specific news item is about a primary school in queens park, which is in the area of Kilburn and Brent that have supposedly bans a pupil from bringing pack lunch to the school. This raises a few issues as to whether a school can ban a pupil from having pack lunch in the school. This is a very serious topic that I think most people who are parents who totally disagree with this issue.
In this topic I thought that it would be nice to speak to the general public about this issue and I thought that it would be a good idea to include this in mu audio track as a Vox Pox. We interviewed three women in the clinic shown below they gave us their different views on this issue; we also interviewed a women that works for a local hotel she was the only one who had children in primary school so her opinion was very useful.
Here is the first two that we interviewed but the last one their doesn't appear to be a picture in this however we did only use one of two of the vox pox from the clinic and one from the hotel which was very useful and helped us out a lot. After this we began recording our news prod cast based on this topic.
we went on audacity and followed the script step by step it took us a while to work on the script as we decided to use Sade as our presenter but instead I presented the radio broadcast.
Put the script here
The recording really didn't need much editing but it was the Vox pox that really was the problem as it was difficult for us to hear what the interviewee was saying, so as you can see below I edited some of the sound that need to be done.
As you can see on the top that I used audacity to amplify the first recording of my Vox pox to about 7.6 that way it made louder and that made it more clear to listen to and this was what i did so that it could be more louder I did the same thing for the rest of the Vox Pox . I made it all low from half the level; which means I had to bring it down a bit more; from half of what it originally was in the first place.
This was finished however I need a jingle for the news item I used two jingles one for the end and another for the beginning, I did this so that it wouldn't end with the same jingle as that would look messy and unprofessional. Here is the website from were I got the two jingles for the the News story:
I got both if these sounds from the website free sound that provides lots of interesting background music for this topic and is very useful when downloading any sound, This jingle was the one that I used in the beginning and the one below is what was used in the final piece,
Below you will see the what I did on audacity to edit both these sounds to suit the work that I did on audacity.
first news jingle
Here is the final piece of the News prod cast and the final piece on both audacity and sound cloud. I think that this has a news value of impact and proximity as it is an issue that does have an impact on parents living in the local area and it is also effecting the people with kids in the Madia vale and kilburn area that send their children to the school. It is an issue which everyone would agree on that pupils should be allowed to have pack lunch not just here in the kilburn area but most parents in other areas would agree also. It has proximity as the news was published on the 24th of December this week.
This my final piece of my whole recording
Fourth News item
Buses in London will be experiencing 00.51AM-23.59PM , bus workers are taking industrial action over pay terms being given to them and conditions by going on strike. Numerous routes around London will be affected because this of this strike and will cause disturbance to people who are usually going to school or to work. Here are a few bus companies in London:
- Abellio( Abellio London and Abellio West London)
- Arria ( Arria North Arriva North and Arriva South
- CT plus(Hakeney Community Transporst)
- Metroline( Metroline and west Metroline)
However most people with a bus a tram ticket will able to use that as an alternate source of transport; also 16+ users with a zip oyster card with free bus and tram transport will be able to go on train for free. There are however some transports in London that will not be affected these are in one is included in Golders Green in the O2 and Queens bury Morrison to Mead field. More than 80 different pay rates covers drivers doing the same jog this is the reason for the strike as some people do not approve of this and are doing this campaign.
Here is a look at the script that I used:
I first I didn't think it was necessarily to include a voice over of a person that had been on at the day of the 24 hour strike in London but I thought that it would sound really good and be worth putting in my recording as it would point out the point that I was making.
I felt that this was an important part of local news's it it affected ever one in London so I recorded a news broadcast on audacity I used my own laptop and here s a look at my first recording on audacity it took me a while to get it right but I finally did it.
As you can see on top is my first recording which took me a couple of minutes to do after I did this I instantly gave it a track name. I did this to all my tracks so that it could be clear and understandable to see who is which.
I did this because I wanted to include the voice over of a the bus driver speaking between my recording relating to the important topic of why bus workers were on strike this week. I also did this to show that I can use audacity properly and showing that by using the tools provided to me on audacity. I wanted a more better jingle that sounded professional and good so I decided to obtain one on YouTube by playing it and recording it on audacity which I felt was really useful, helpful and more professional than the other news jingles as it came from a real news prod-cast. Below is a screen shot of were I got the news jingle.
To move this text I used the time shift tool so that it was in the right place so that I could include my voice over that I had recorded.
I did this so that I could a get an accurate piece of recording in the right place and it was really important to show that I could use another piece of tool on audacity. I collected a voice over of a representative bus worker who spoke on behalf of people that had.
Here was mainly talking about the unfairness of bus drivers in London not having fair pay, I only need the part that he talked about and I used the trim tool to get it and I used the time shift tool to move it in the gap on the first recording in the right place.
I had that and after slightly using the fade out tool at the end of the bus driver speaking; I also got my end jingle on free sound, the jingle was perfect and really useful in the recording.
This my final recording that I used and all the sounds are aligned in the right order just as I had placed it in my script the end news item also made it seem really dramatic: After doing this I imported the whole audio but i had a listen of it and i deleted some of the things in my voice over in audacity as you can see below:
This is the final piece of my recording and that I have used and finished and below is the final recording.
Fifth News item
On Friday 10th of January police officers were called in to Middle-sex university in Hendon were they got a report of violent fighting in the campus.When they reach the fighting scene they found a victim with critical injuries. The victim was rushed towards the hospital but unfortunately died on the arrival to the hospital.
Four people were arrested the following Monday 12th January a 21 year old women and two 20 year old men and a 21 year old man were involved in this incident. The 21 Year old women and 20 year old man were released on bail on Tuesday however the remaining two were charged on murder on the same day.
This has a few news value such as Impact and Proximity, as it did have an impact to the students that witnessed thee incident would have been shocked and horrified by this violence fighting. Most of these students live close to kilburn and Brent as it is close and would have seen this happened on campus, so it did impacted them. It also has proximity as it happened not long ago only last week so it is still relevant for today.
Here is My first recording as you can see it i very important to name the track; which I have done so that it can be easy to identify and see who is talking in the audio track. The first one is obviously the presenter speaking first.
I need a jingle that for my recording so I imported all my jingles from Free sound and I downloaded it all to use. Here is a look at my First recording that I downloaded to my recording on audacity.
Here is a snipping tool of were I got the first jingle that I have downloaded to audacity.
The first Jingle is a very good jingle and I think that it was a useful sound to use,after ding this I moved the sounds in the correct order using the time shift tool. I then imported the second news item and I then download the second Jingle on Free sound.
final piece of recording
I mostly used the time shift tool to get everything in the right place so that it would sound accurate and so that it would sound good when playing it back; below is the finished piece which I imported onto sound cloud.
Sixth news item
My sixth news item is on the regeneration project that is being submitted in Brent cross cricklewood the plans are there to improving the area for the better. The plan includes remodelling Clitterhouse park and expanding transportation service and the Brent cross shopping centre. On top of all these 7, 500 new houses are planned to be build. Some local residents don't agree with this and seem to be in opposition with the plans to improve parts of the borough.
Here is an example of the script that me and I my group will be using:
Below is where is the source from which I got my news itþem story which is what I used to help write the script in that I will present to you it is also a form of evidence to where I exactly got my news items and how it is that I came across my news item. I got this particular news item from kilburn times which is a really local area to be getting it from a local news website.
Here is exactly were I got my news and were I my news item
This screen shot just simply talks about what my news topic is and what is going on it is just letting you know what is going on and how well my evidence is for my blog which I have used.
Seventh News
Final version
I experimented with what I had to do and I tried doing using experimenting on some of the sound on garage band here is one of the sounds that I used but I didn't use for my show and I only experimented on it with one of the sounds here it is below.
Our seventh news item is about Ed Millaband pledges to cut down £6,000 of university fees for students just finishing university and are going to bring to bring new thing toward the future of Britain, and Torries have responded to George Osborn help to buy ISA in the property market .
The audio will be in the finished audio
Final version
For each single radio broadcast we got a jingle for each of the news item. But what we where missing was a Title music, so we decided to look all our news items again; with different presenters and a clear script. While doing this we finished our sixth news item and did our seventh one; starting on our eighth one which was needed. As you can see from the top we didn't finish our sixth o as we constructed a new script and replaced it from the old one, we also included an eighth news item that we thought was really important if we wanted to make our whole news topics fit for five minutes.
We first had to create a Title music that we were going to introduce in our headlines which are really important for making a local radio news broadcast. As you've noticed that the jingle that we had in our separate news items were taken from Free sound so as a group we took action and constructed a new jingle and looped it under the title music.
Here is a screenshot of how I edited the title music on Garage band which is what I used overallI experimented with what I had to do and I tried doing using experimenting on some of the sound on garage band here is one of the sounds that I used but I didn't use for my show and I only experimented on it with one of the sounds here it is below.
Now I'm not saying that we changed that the topics of our news but we looked at our own recordings and decided to change up the scripts, in this section I will put the sixth news item, seventh and eight. I am going to put some screenshots of the work with the final piece of all our radio broadcast together.
Sound effects(SFX)
In this part we used sound effects that was needed and that we needed for one of news item that we made sound effects for bits of our news item. One of our sound effect wagon the poppies news item and we looked I got the sound from sound cloud its called War requiem. Here is the screen shots form where I retrieved the sound.
As you can see form the list I looked at and the first one was chosen, it was the appropriate sound that I we did as we felt that it was really important and suited the news topic in our blogs. Listen to the SFX that we used for this news item.
Lining up the edit
While constructing the jingle the we had line it up so that it wouldn't be in the wrong order as we had to line it up in order to make some spaces for the headlines to be introduced and it was ver clear that it needed to line up the audios clearly.
This is the example that we used to make sure that all of the things didn't stay close together, and this was really important because it shows exactly the right place and section to place the headlines in the right place. One other tool that we used was the split tool and time shift tool to move it all correctly.
Using the sync-lock tool
I used the sync lock tool to move some of the tracks so that I could move it so that it could fit in the same direction. That we did in- order to move all tracks at the same time , so that we could measure see the time length of the of the audio.
Eighth News item
The Eighth new item talks about the demolition of the Carlton Tavern which was demolished without permission from the westminster council. If you look at where we got our news items below you'll see that this news topic is a very serious one as most people didn't like the idea of this happening.
The final recording is at the bottom.
The Final Recording
Here is the final recoding that we did, uploaded it onto soundcloud, but there seem to be some problems which made the other sound a bit low.












No comments:
Post a Comment